MyAirForceLife < Aero Clubs < About Us
Who We Are
The Air Force Aero Club Program provides oversight and guidance to 17 aero clubs at installations around the globe for our active duty members, families, and other eligible personnel. Our program focuses on safety while providing recreational flying and programs to develop FAA-trained pilots.
Our installation Aero Clubs provide expertly managed aero clubs, as well as professionally-trained and knowledgeable pilots ready to assist seasoned pilots to the student pilots. We’ve got information; safety training, planes and information to help you get ready for your next flight.
Why Air Force Aero Clubs?
- Train with certified FAA instructors
- Gain confidence and independence
- Enjoy a social activity with like-minded individuals
- Participate in a professional aviation training program
- Develop and maintain your aeronautical skills
- Operate a variety of safe, low-cost aircraft
- Develop an awareness and appreciation of aviation
Experience adventure and pure, unadulterated fun!
Who Can Participate
- All Active Duty, Reserve, Guard and retired military members and their family members from any branch of service.
- DOD civilians (Both Appropriated Fund and Non-Appropriated Fund employees and retirees)
- Civil Air Patrol members
- Others – visit your Aero Club for details.
What People Ask
Check out our Frequently Asked Questions to find out what others want to know about Aero Clubs