MyAirForceLife < Bowling < About Us
Who We Are
The Air Force Bowling Program provides oversight and guidance to 80 bowling centers with more than 1300 lanes around the globe for the morale, welfare and recreation of our active members, Guard, Reserve, retirees, DoD ID card holders, families and eligible guests.
Why Air Force Bowling Program?
- Bowling is for everyone. Bowling is a great family or group activity. And it’s versatile - it can range from a relaxing social gathering to a fierce competitive sport.
- Bowling = a great birthday party. Most kids love to bowl. Air Force Bowling Centers make planning a child’s birthday easy with a variety of all-inclusive party packages. Let us handle the details while you concentrate on the invitation list.
- Bowling is good for you.The average adult bowler burns 240 calorie per hour. Three games of bowling is equivalent to approximately one mile of walking. Bowlers use 134 muscles during a basic four-step approach. Bowling improves heart and respiratory fitness and it speeds up metabolism. Bowling provides an exercise option for those with physical limitations.
- Have Fun Close to Home.The Air Force operates 81 bowling centers across the globe so chances are, you won’t have to travel far to find one. And most centers have a full-service snack bar on site, so you won’t have to go elsewhere to grab a bite to eat.
- Bowling is Affordable. You don’t have to break the bank to have a good time. Compared to dinner and a movie, a night of bowling is a great value.
Who Can Participate
Eligible patrons include Air Force active duty, Air National Guard, Reserve members and their families, retirees and DoD ID card holders. Guests may participate in most programs when accompanied by an eligible member. Contact your local program to find out local eligibility rules.
What We Offer
Most of our centers have:
- 12, 24, or 36 lanes equipped with state-of the art scoring, pinsetters and technology packages.
- Onsite arcades or game rooms
- Full-service snack bars or grills
- Pro shops for equipment, service and instruction
Ongoing events include:
- Cosmic, glow-in-the dark or “laser” bowling
- Discount days/packages
- Frequent bowler programs
- Birthday party packages
- Clubs or leagues for all skill levels
- And more!
Contact your local base facility to find out what programs and events your center has to offer.